The LEAPS European Strategy – ESAPS 2022 – charts a route into the future that features environmentally friendly technologies and research strategies to support solving societal challenges while making a critical contribution to keep Europe at the international forefront of research and development.
It is a coherent plan addressing the future challenges and needs of the new era in research and innovation, designed to put Europe in a global leadership position in this important technology of the future. It encompasses:
• the expansion of service provision to speed-up emerging research for societal challenges enabling new strategic long-term cooperation with European Partnerships (also increasing resilience)
• the coordinated upgrade of synchrotron radiation facilities implementing a disruptive high-brilliance electron lattice
• continuous development of FELs
• joining forces to enhance facility operation by implementing new digital technologies (an inclusive coordinated development of key enabling (AI-assisted) technologies will integrate all European stakeholders from academia and industry)
The European Strategy, ESAPS 2022:
• supports high quality scientific research in Europe;
• contributes to develop the skills of the next generation of scientists and engineers in Europe;
• devises particle accelerators and associated technologies of tomorrow for a wide range of use in manufacturing and service industries in health, materials design, energy and security;
• supports European industry in new product development and market and by accelerating product design and development.
You can dowload the brochure here
Printed copies can be requested by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org