- This event has passed.
Science|Business Annual Network Conference
8 February, 2022 - 9 February, 2022
This conference covers four main areas: (1) programme & format; (2) video contributions; (3) input workshops; and (4) registration & outreach.
1/ Programme & Format. Given COVID uncertainties in BXL and beyond, the February conference will be fully online. If the situation allows, S|B will still explore an in-person networking event – but no decision until January.
Two immediate consequences: first, to ensure a dynamic, engaging event, we are streamlining the agenda from what was discussed in October – shorter sessions, fewer speakers and increased visual content (on which more below). Second, we will make our September conference a formal Network event, to create more speaking opportunities for your senior representatives. NB: September theme / title will be the S|B Sustainable Tech Summit, and will be preceded by the Annual Presidents’ Dinner, COVID permitting.
2/ Video contributions. Nonetheless, they still want to showcase as many S|B members as possible in February. Thus, we are inviting you to record short videos to be broadcast during the event, on one of the following topics:
- For institutional heads – a 1 minute response to either of these questions:
- What is the greatest challenge that science needs to solve before the end of Horizon, and how?
- In which area(s) should Europe aim to be a world-leader in innovation, and why?
- For leading scientists or innovators who have secured ERC or EIC grants – a 2 minute “elevator pitch” of their work, project or company, structured in response to these questions:
- Which complex problem is your research / innovation / enterprise addressing?
- What makes your approach unique?
- How will your work change the world if you succeed?
Videos will need to be high quality, high resolution files – and can include a lead-in slide with your organisation’s logo and identity. Submission deadline = FRIDAY 21 JANUARY!